There are many ways I adore marmalade, but I hadn’t enjoyed it quite so much as when I turned some excess from a recent batch into this marmalade slice.
That cuppa break is taken to a new level and you’ll be impressing house guests when you pull this one out. Of course, it’s best done with our extremely popular Orange Marmalade, made with oranges and lemons only, to create the most delightful citrus hit. You must try this recipe.
125g chopped butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup plain flour
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
1/3 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup Taradale Kitchen Co. Orange Marmalade
90g chopped butter
3 tsp grated orange rind
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup almond meal
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C. Grease and line a 19 x 29cm slice pan.
- Beat butter and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until it’s smooth. Stir in the flour and coconut until combined. Press into the prepared pan and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until browned slightly. Meanwhile, make the topping.
- Topping: Beat the butter, orange rind and sugar with electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs and beat until combined (don’t worry, the mixture is fine to look curdled). Stir in the coconut and almond meal.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180 degrees C.
- Spread the hot slice with the topping and sprinkle with the flaked coconut.
- Bake the slice for 20 minutes or until firm. Meanwhile heat the marmalade.
- In a small saucepan, heat marmalade on low-medium heat so it has a runnier consistency, making it easier to spread.
- Bring the slice out of the oven when it’s ready and brush the slice with the heated marmalade. Cool in the pan before cutting and serving.
Sign up to our newsletter Pantry Notes today to have recipes and more delivered straight to your inbox.